6th of December, 2018

Minutes 6 December 2018
Minutes of St Andrews Fairtrade Town Campaign 6th December 2018 Present: MR, AC, PR, AM, MP, AK, PM Apologies: IC, JC, CM, AH We welcomed PM as a group member representing the Community Council. Matters arising: • MR reported that the Fairtrade renewal certificates have been accepted for display at the town library and the town hall. • MP has the Byre Powerpoint presentation issue in hand. Financial report: £124.68 Feedback on Traidcraft Coffee Morning, 10th November • AH had sent an email reporting on the event. £150 was sent to Traidcraft Exchange and the JTS stall made £159 worth of sales. We are grateful to All Saints Church for declining to charge us for the hall. Willie Rennie attended and spoke to those present. • We considered making this an annual event. Ideas to take forward, should this happen: more publicity; poster on a board in the street. • Our thanks to AH for all her work in organising the coffee morning. Thanks too to JC for producing the quiz and word search. Just Trading Scotland coffee morning packs. • MP to take this forward, arranging a meeting for the subgroup appointed in October. ACTION MP/AH/MR/PR/AK Community Council • We have been invited to attend the February meeting of the CC (Feb 4th). The Byre Powerpoint presentation to be shown. • PM has circulated JC’s article from St Andrews in Focus to all members of the CC. • Road signs: Fife Council supports putting up new Fairtrade Town road signs. Money is available for them. PM is working within the CC to have the issue resolved. PR to report back on the situation to the Scottish Parliament’s cross party group on Fairtrade before their meeting in February. Willie Rennie had written to the cabinet minister for transport, Michael Mathieson. PR to ask him to contact Ben MacPherson, minister for development, as well. ACTION PR Fairtrade Fortnight 2019 • Fairtrade Finders: MR to organise the division of premises for members to complete an annual update in February, with support from students if available. We will hand out a laminated certificate and a copy of last year’s finder to each premises. ACTION MP/PR/MP/JC/AK/AC/AM • AK suggested a Fairtrade Bake Off using a university kitchen. • PR to ask SFTF and the Fairtrade Foundation for a speaker; AK to arrange a venue. ACTION PR/AK • Primary School visits: Lawhead Primary School would like two visits to P7 and P3. AC to offer 11th or 18th Feb as a date for the P7 visit; 26th Feb already agreed for P3. Perhaps ask Morrisons to supply bananas. ACTION AC/AK/MP/MR AOB • AK reported on progress towards completing the new accreditation system for the University, to be completed by May. Next meeting: 7.30 pm Wednesday 13th February 18 Irvine Crescent.